Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Oil Pastel Crayons - Mixed Media

One of my favorite techniques when creating unique abstract art is using oil pastel crayons over acrylic. Especially if the acrylic has texture to it, or is even mixed media. It's really simply just to draw over the painting with oil pastel, it can create such vibrant shades and texture. Adding a whole new dimension to the piece.


This "Autumn Moon" was my first mixed media in which I tried this technique. I think it came out pretty good, however this photo does not do justice to the true depth and uniqueness of this painting.




Below "Crescent Fall" is another favorite that really shows how you can create some cool patterns and textures that you would not get using paint. Blending the acrylic and pastel entangles them creating something that looks like opposing medians fighting for the surface.






This is a fun little video of my lil boy having fun learning to paint!



No comments:

Post a Comment