Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Art and giving back! They have a lot in common.

One of the best things I have ever done is volunteer to be a Big Brother through the BBBS Foundation. It has been such a rewarding experience that I will cherish for the rest of my life. My "little", that is what they are called through the program, and I am the "big" . We have become so close and have so much fun together. He often just calls to say hi or tell me how he is doing in school. He gets so excited to spend time together and it really feels in many ways as though we are brothers, and I would say we really are.



I am sure you have at least heard of the program, it is pretty well known. At any rate, what a great thing to do and way to have fun doing art with someone who is just exploring life. My little is only 7 years old, but what a truly great kid that is full of love and inspiration. We get together a few times a month, gone to Boondocks fun center, fishing, hiking, art galleries, the zoo, the park, you name it!

Art is now something that he loves as well. He even got his own easel for Christmas!




I really see the essence of art in a child. This is now something he truly loves and can take with him for the rest of his life. For whatever reason, I didn't realize I was passionate about art until well into being an adult.



I can only think I may have had more interest in it at a younger age if I had been exposed to it more.

Art is best when shared and you never know whose life you may change for the better, just by sharing it. 






So go on! Share some art! Here or anywhere!

1 comment:

  1. Believe it or not I used to go to abstract wall art for sale store just to see all those arts made by different artists.

    ReplyDelete